Who we are?
[reads] is an online subscription company that provides products that engage our subscribers in a more meaningful and discovery based reading experience. Right now we do this through our online store with adults and kids subscriptions, an email newsletter, and network of events. Our mission is to inspire others to learn forever through reading outside their own taste.
Why we collect and use your information?
- To enable us to provide you with our products and services, and to improve and promote our products.
- To create and administer your account, contact you, and customize your experience at reads.delivery (for example, to show you emails, books, and new products that we think may broaden your perspectives— and to track and analyze use of the services so that we can improve how [reads] is performing and provide users with the best experience possible.
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
We process personal data because this is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, for our compliance with our legal obligations and for the purpose of our legitimate interests. In particular, our legitimate interests are our commercial company interest (e.g. to improve our products and services), our interest to make use of direct marketing, our interest to prevent fraud and our interest to report possible criminal acts or threats to competent authorities. Some of the personal data that we process is required for us to meet our legal obligations, for example we cannot create an account for you if you choose not to share your personal data with us.
Types of Information we collect and receive.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you provide by completing forms on reads.delivery such as our newsletter sign-up forms on the bottom of our website, surveys, or other forms.
- Details of any requests, activity, or transactions you make through the Services. reads.delivery partners with other companies (such as MailChimp, ReCharge, Shopify, Eventbrite, Stripe, Facebook and Ship station.) for email marketing and payment processing. The payment information you submit is collected and used by Eventbrite, ShipStation, ReCharge and Stripe in accordance with their privacy policies. reads.delivery doesn’t store your payment information unless you explicitly release it to us as part of any products we sell directly on our platform;
- Information about your activity on and interaction with reads.delivery, including use of our website (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site) and email newsletter (such as what links you click and if and when you open the email) — we use Shopify Analytics, Google Analytics and MailChimp for gathering this data;
Information that you submit on or to reads.delivery in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed above. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
You may decline to provide us with your information and ask that your information be removed. However, this will limit your ability to register for an account or use our Services. For example, if you decline, you may not receive our email newsletter. You may review, change or remove your information through your account settings.
We collect personal data by using cookies, including similar technologies such as local storage when you visit our website.
- To gather website statistical data to analyze how our users use the website, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page. These cookies are placed by the domain
- To provide authentication for any upcoming products where log-in is required so that we can keep you logged in between sessions. The information collected using local storage is stored on your browser and persists after your browser is closed.
How we protect your data and who else receives your information?
First and foremost, we make sure to encrypt and pseudonimze any personally identifiable information so that it’s not seen by the public.
In some cases, we may share basic information like your first name, last name initial, and home state with the public. For example if you are a winner for a giveaway on reads.delivery.
We may also share certain communications you send to us (for example, an email message or comment about how much you liked the newsletter or an interview). We typically scrub these communications of any personally identifiable information such as your email address or full name.
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users, unless you grant us explicit consent:
- Any payment information you provide;
- Your email address;
- Your mailing address;
- Your IP address;
- Any other private profile information, in accordance with your account settings and profile; and
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
In some instances, we may also share your information to the following parties and for the following reasons:
- Competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations. We employ these companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you.
- Our affiliates and promotional partners, so they can offer you special products, services, discounts, tickets, and other items or services. Likewise, we may receive information from such affiliates and promotional partners to offer our Users special items or services. We ask for your explicit consent in sharing your personal information with these parties. We do not sell personal information to third parties. The data that is usually shared with affiliates and promotional partners is in aggregate and not at an individual level.
- We may also transfer your personal data in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets on a need to know basis. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and this Privacy Statement.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information.
You have a right to a copy of the information we have about you. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. You can modify or delete certain information associated with your account (such as your name, mailing address, etc.) from your account settings. A link to your account settings can be found at the bottom of every email we send you.
We retain your data for the shortest amount necessary to provide you with our Services. Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the website and Services. Note that even after the deletion of your account, we still retain information about your past activity with the email newsletter, but your personal information will be non-identifiable.
How we are working with Third-Parties?
As noted above, we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services and brand partners (example: MailChimp who helps us deliver the newsletters, or when we partner with payment processors, or use Google Analytics to help us understand how our site is being used and how to attract more customers). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the our Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We do not release or sell private and personally identifiable information. For example, we may release statistics on the geographical makeup of our audience, but we do not release the names and other information of who lives where — you will remain anonymous.
When we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will protect your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with applicable law, such as by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data to a processor located outside of the European Union. Residing in certain countries, including the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information. While these rights are not applicable globally, all users can manage their personal information, as further described below, in their account settings. Your account settings can be found always on our website.
If You live in the European Economic Area, or a similar international area, You may have additional privacy rights available to You under applicable laws. We will process Your requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If You would like to exercise any of the below rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may consider Your request in accordance with applicable law:
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw Your consent at any time.
- Right of access: You may have the right to access the Personal Data that You provided Us.
- Right of erasure: You may have the right to the erasure of Personal Data that We hold about You.
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that [reads] stop processing Your Personal Data and/or to stop sending You marketing communications.
- Right to rectification: You may have the right to require Us to correct any of Your Personal Data.
By signing up at the [reads] site, you will not be sent advertising or messaging from any other company, regardless of their association with us. We work with a third-party email provider that adheres to contractual standards and policies and we only send emails to the kind [reads] customers who have requested it and we provide a permanent “unsubscribe” link with each email sent. See Opt-Out section below. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information if required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our [reads] website. If you’ve read this whole thing you deserve one of our [reads] hats and should email us to get one! Log Files We may use IP addresses to help administer our website, analyze our website, track user’s events, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use on the [reads] website.
IP addresses are not linked to Personal Information in any way. Cookies Our site may use “cookies.” A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on your hard drive via your web browser. The “cookies” used by our website and store only Non-Personal Information and do not ever contain any Personal Information! On the internet our Cookies simply are a way to help us to identify your browsing session with us and to manage certain specific visit only information about you! Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance our website experience. For example, this easy action, by setting a cookie on our site it allows you not have to log-in with a password more than once. If you reject the Cookie or choose to disable them through your web browser, you may still use our site, but your functionality could be limited. Security We may use security measures to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. This includes a firewall, 24 hour monitoring of activities by our hosting service provider, and industry-standard secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology on all transaction oriented operations between our customers and [reads] via our transaction service provider. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure on the world wide web tho! Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Nothing in life is 100% guaranteed, right? Privacy of Children [reads] DOES NOT knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information, again, that’s name, email and physical address, telephone number from individuals under the age of thirteen years. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child should email us to provide us with the email address if they would like this information deleted from our records!! [reads] will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our database and to not use such information for any purpose, except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others or as required by law!
Correction / Updating Personal Information If your [reads] Personal Information changes (zip, creditcard info, email address or something), or if you no longer desire our [reads] service :( we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the user personal data provided to us. This can be done by calling, texting or emailing us email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Please be sure to provide the specific changes to the information so that we can complete your request!
We have a snail mail address too if you’d like to mail us something or meet us and say hi: Reads Delivery, LLC. 244 Canal Street #4F New York, NY 10013. Here’s our phone numbers too Emma: 347 781 2509 and Rachael: 315 854 0749. Opt-out Our site should provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. If we have and you register for our customer loyalty program, you could automatically receive email newsletters or other information about participating in that cool program.
You may opt-out at any time. To remove your user information from our database in order to not receive future communications you can please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take up to eighty business days for the address removal to take effect and you may receive additional mailings within that time.
Contracting our website If you have any questions about this privacy statement or anything else about [reads] including the practices of our site, please send us an email us to email@example.com and we’ll do our best to respond to you in a timely manner, we may be reading books and slow to respond.